Thursday 22 October 2009

3dmax to Maya rigging

I determined that it's not that easy to convert techniques from 3dsmax to Maya, as i thought. In Maya you have to use bones for rigging, there is no workaround to achieve anything similar to the 3dsmax techniques. So i have to find out how it has to be done in Maya.

I have nearly completed a rigging tutorial to assure that I'll be able to reconstruct all necessary steps in Maya.


I've put in joints, bones and IK handles. Additionally I added Pole Vector Constraints to adjust the behavior of the elbows and knees. To control the most important joints, I've made some icons to gain access to them.
Furthermore there are some "Set-Driven Keys" to clench the fist and to roll the feet proper.

Next: Skin Binding

2 comments:

  1. character looks relly simple are you following a maya tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow a digital tutors tutorial from 2002. this is just the outer cage of the character. i'll focus on rigging first.

    ReplyDelete